Mizzou Summer Music Camps
Please visit our page of Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
Experiencing Piano for Kids - EXP Summer Camp
- One-week piano summer camp organized around the theme of "Animal Adventures." Students will participate in musical games, crafts, improvisation and composition, and piano playing.
- Open to all students, ages 5-7 (including piano beginners and those with prior piano experience).
- Dates: Monday-Friday, TBD
- 8:30 AM - 12:30 PM in the Piano Lab, Sinquefield Music Center
- Enrollment: visit our online application, Apply early!
- Students should bring one snack and a lunch each day.
- Tuition: $160
- Dates: Sunday, June 14 through Sunday, June 21, 2020
- Tuition: $0
- Room/Board Fees: $560
- All successful applicants receive full tuition scholarship to the Esterhazy String Quartet Seminar, but pay Room / Board fees
- Payment: $50 non-refundable application fee (due at time of application), $255 due May 8th, $255 remaining balance due upon check-in June 14th
- Application Deadline: materials must be postmarked by April 13, 2020
- Enrollment: visit our online application
- Teacher Recommendation Form (for applicants)
Participants are selected through a highly-competitive live or recorded audition process. During the week-long session, participants will receive daily chamber music coachings, private lessons with Esterhazy Quartet members, and the opportunity to perform in solo masterclasses. Each chamber ensemble will perform at least twice during the session. The combination of a low student-faculty ratio, stimulating and talented peers, and the challenge of some of the world’s greatest music will inspire students to achieve tremendous musical and personal growth.
2020 Dates: June 21-27, 2020
Tuition: $100, due on or before the first day of camp
All current and former COMP Festival winners will receive a full scholarship to the Missouri Summer Composition Institute.
Application: visit our online application
Application Deadline: Monday, April 21, 2020
You may pay your deposit, application fee, or tuition balance one of the following ways:
- By phone (credit card): 573-882-2606
- In person (cash or check), 140 Fine Arts Building, Columbia MO
- Checks payable to: MU School of Music (include CAMP NAME + student name in memo)
- By mail (check only; do not mail cash) to Community Music Program, 140 Fine Arts Building, Columbia, MO 65211