Mission, Values, and Facilities
Our mission is
- To prepare students to make meaningful contributions in the world as performers, composers, teachers, and scholars.
- To expand the understanding and impact of music through faculty and student performance, composition, and research.
- To foster appreciation for music and participation in musical activities throughout the campus.
- To enrich and engage the broader community through performances and educational programs.
- To serve — as the School of Music of Missouri’s flagship university — as a resource for the state, the nation, and the world.
- Music’s unique ability to improve the human condition.
- Musical citizenship and collaboration — serving and connecting with others through music.
- Creativity, innovation, and diversity of perspectives.
- A close-knit learning and performance environment, with extensive faculty-student interaction.
- The University’s stated commitment to Respect, Responsibility, Discovery, and Excellence.
Reservation of School Facilities by Non-School Parties
To a reasonable extent, all school performance spaces, rehearsal spaces, and classrooms must be kept available for last-minute rehearsals and meetings. However, there may be times when these facilities could be made available to other organizations on a very limited basis, and generally include a use fee. Please contact the School of Music office at 573-882-2604 for inquiries.
Reservation of School Facilities by School of Music Faculty, Staff & Students
Please check availability of rooms on the Outlook calendars available on Faculty school computers or by emailing Susan Worstell at WorstellS@missouri.edu. Once you select an available date, please email Susan Worstell at WorstellS@missouri.edu with the room request.