Mission, Values, and Facilities
Our mission is
- To prepare students to make meaningful contributions in the world as performers, composers, teachers, and scholars.
- To expand the understanding and impact of music through faculty and student performance, composition, and research.
- To foster appreciation for music and participation in musical activities throughout the campus.
- To enrich and engage the broader community through performances and educational programs.
- To serve — as the School of Music of Missouri’s flagship university — as a resource for the state, the nation, and the world.
- Music’s unique ability to improve the human condition.
- Musical citizenship and collaboration — serving and connecting with others through music.
- Creativity, innovation, and diversity of perspectives.
- A close-knit learning and performance environment, with extensive faculty-student interaction.
- The University’s stated commitment to Respect, Responsibility, Discovery, and Excellence.
Reservation of School Facilities by Non-School Parties
To a reasonable extent, all school performance spaces, rehearsal spaces, and classrooms must be kept available for last-minute rehearsals and meetings. However, there may be times when these facilities could be made available to other organizations on a very limited basis, and generally include a use fee. Please contact the School of Music office at 573-882-2604 for inquiries.
Reservation of School Facilities by School of Music Faculty, Staff & Students
Please check availability of rooms on the Outlook calendars available on Faculty school computers or in the office at 135 Fine Arts Building. Once you select an available date, please email Susan Worstell at WorstellS@missouri.edu with the room request.