Join the University Singers on this custom-designed, once-in-a-life time cultural experience sponsored by the University of Missouri School of Music.
- The University Singers and their Chinese counterparts will sing together at various venues. Chinese artists will put on stunning performances to showcase their home-grown cultures and customs.
- Hohhot, Inner Mongolia – Traditionally well-known for singing and dancing, especially throat-singing (indigenous singing practice of the region), eagle and horse dances depicting age-old artistic forms.
- Shanxi Province – Local music classes and learning about all types of Chinese music instruments.
- 200-year-old Qikou village – Ancient flagstone alleyways, old temples and handicraft artisans, cave dwellings and chatting with captivating locals.
- Wudang monastery – Coexistence of Buddhism and Tibetan culture.
|Day 1 Depart U.S.||Day 5 Baotou||Day 9 Lv Liang|
|Day 2 Arrive Hohhot||Day 6 Taiyuan||Day 10 Qikou|
|Day 3 Hohhot||Day 7 Taiyuan||Day 11 Beijing|
|Day 4 Baotou||Day 8 Taiyuan||Day 12 Depart China|
$3000 / person
Includes: International round-trip airfare, Chinese visa fee, domestic transport within China, admission fees, a professional bilingual tour director throughout the trip, local drivers, meals as indicated, and lodging based on double occupancy (Single room supplement is $500.00).
Not included in the cost are passport fees (valid for six months from date of departure), transportation to/from a Missouri airport, extra baggage/excessive baggage weight costs, insurance and medical attention costs, and tips for local drivers and bellhops.
December 2, 2019 Non-refundable deposit: $700/person
January 27, 2020 Second payment: $1000
March, 16, 2020 Remaining balance: $1300
Please make checks payable to the University of Missouri. If the trip is cancelled, your deposit will be returned.
Passport and completed visa application forms must be received by March 16, 2020.
For more information, full details, and/or a conversation with Gary Dou please call (573) 268-5228 or email email@example.com.