The University of Missouri School of Music offers three undergraduate majors and two minors in music, providing courses of study that prepare students as emerging music professionals in a wide variety of career paths. The School of Music holds three audition dates each year. These audition dates are for students seeking admission as a music or music education major and/or students who are seeking scholarship assistance. If you are unable to attend a Mizzou Music Day, auditions can also be arranged at the convenience of the student and individual instructors. However, you are highly encouraged to attend a Mizzou Music Day.
If you have questions or would like to schedule a visit, please feel free to contact our admissions coordinator, Ben Harting.
All prospective freshman and transfer music and music education majors must apply/audition for, and be admitted to, the School of Music in addition to meeting all University of Missouri admissions requirements.
Mizzou Music Days:
- Friday, December 2, 2016
- Saturday, February 4, 2017
- Monday, February 20, 2017
All students interested in pursuing a graduate music degree, must have competed:
- A completed baccalaureate degree in music, or the equivalent, at an accredited institution of higher education by the time of matriculation.
- A grade point average of B (3.0) or better in the last 60 hours of undergraduate program.
- Additional requirements vary according to the major area of study.
Graduate Audition Days:
- January 30, 2017
- February 17, 2017
- February 27, 2017
150 Fine Arts Building