All-Juniors Honor Band
All-Juniors Honor Band Final Concert
This event-culminating concert will feature the 2022 MU All-Juniors Honor Band and the University of Missouri Wind Ensemble.
- Monday, February 21 at 7:00 PM
- Missouri Theatre (203 S. Ninth Street)
- $5 admission at the door
Parking is available in Hitt Street Garage and other campus/city garages for free after 6 PM, or on the streets surrounding the Missouri Theatre (metered until 7 PM). Meters for street parking will accept coins or payment via the ParkMobile App.
January 31, 2022 Updates:
- Participants should carefully review the 2022 AJHB Important Info document to properly prepare for this event. This document provides details regarding attire, chair auditions, schedule, and final concert.
- The registration deadline has been extended to February 4, 2022. Accepted students should complete the All-Juniors Honor Band Registration Form and pay the registration fee (if applicable) by this date to finalize their participation in the ensemble.
January 3, 2022 Updates:
- Accepted students should complete the All-Juniors Honor Band Registration Form and pay the registration fee (if applicable) by February 1, 2022 to finalize their participation in the ensemble. The registration fee is waived for participants or alternates/honorable mention members of the 2021 or 2022 All-State Band.
- Parents, directors, and students should complete the Vehicle Registration Form by February 10, 2022 if a parking permit is needed while on campus Monday, February 21. Once you have completed the form, a virtual permit will automatically be associated with your vehicle for use in the Hitt Street Parking Structure, Levels 1-3. The cost of the permit is paid by the MU School of Music; however, individuals will be responsible for any fines received due to failure to register. Garage and street parking is free on Sunday, so a parking permit is not required for February 20.
- Participating students will be responsible for securing their own housing the night of February 20, 2022. The MU School of music will not provide housing on or off campus for this event. Participating students should work with their caretakers and/or band directors to secure housing.
- Final event details will be posted after the February 1st registration deadline. Please review the 2022 Tentative Schedule and Hotel Recommendation document for helpful information in the meantime.
November 2021 Update: Nominations are now open. Eligible students can apply themselves or band directors can nominate eligible students by completing the 2022 All-Juniors Honor Band Nomination Form.
February 20-21, 2022. See Letter to Directors for tentative schedule of events.
Talented high school juniors! All 11th-grade students who earned a position in an MMEA All-District Honor Band will receive automatic acceptance into the MU All-Juniors Honor Band. Furthermore, those who participated as sophomores in the 2021 All-State Band (or were Honorable Mention) will receive automatic acceptance and their participation fee will be waived. Directors, please also nominate additional qualified 11th-grade band members for this event. Students may nominate themselves as well. For 2022, due to the pandemic, we have also extended automatic acceptance and a fee waiver to anyone who was a freshman or junior in the 2021 All-State Band. Please note, however, that there is a limit to the number of instrumentalists in each section that can be accepted.
This event provides 11th-grade band students the opportunity to experience the collegiate concert band environment through interaction with MU School of Music faculty and students. Juniors chosen for this Honor Band will receive instruction from both MU band and applied faculty members. The event will culminate in a joint concert with the MU Wind Ensemble at the historic Missouri Theatre in downtown Columbia. The $50 participation fee covers the cost for a commemorative t-shirt and meals while on campus. All selected students are expected to provide their own transportation to and from Columbia for the event. Selected students are also expected to make their own housing accommodations the evening of February 20. There are a number of hotels within walking and driving distance to the MU campus. See the Letter to Directors for recommendations.
University of Missouri Campus in Columbia, MO
How to Nominate:
Students and Directors can submit nominations online through the 2022 All-Juniors Honor Band Nomination Form. Directors, please confirm that students can commit to participating fully in both days of the Honor Band before applying. Nomination deadline is December 3rd. MU band faculty will then make final selections based upon nominations and instrumentation needs, and you will be notified of your acceptance status by December 17th.
Dr. Christian Noon